I’m excited to be a part of the Sponsored Altra Running Red Team! altrarunning.com
Altra Running Interview
I had the opportunity to be featured by Altra Running in March and I figured some people might enjoy the interview questions too.
How long have you been an ambassador for Altra?
- 2020 is my 5th year as an ambassador and Altra and it keeps getting better every year!
Where are you from? Where are you currently living (if different)?
- I lived in Laramie, Wyoming for the past 15 years and January 2018 I made the leap to Denver, Colorado and haven’t looked back!
What do you do for work?
- I own a coaching and speaking business, Run Epic.
Married? Family? Kids?
- I have 2 awesome boys, Cameron (9) and Carter (6). They are definitely the highlight of my life.
Hobbies outside of running?
- There’s other things to do other than run??!! I love to travel! Send me wherever and I’ll make it an adventure! I enjoy playing golf, hiking, snowshoeing, watching the sunrise, drinking coffee, and making strangers friends.
What type of running do you prefer? (road, trail / half, full, ultra)
- Given the choice, put me in the middle of the mountains and let me get lost on the trails! I love to socialize and run so I hit as many run groups as possible.
What’s your favorite distance?
- My favorite road distance is the marathon and favorite trail distance is a 50k. I would rather pace friends and strangers to get them over the finish line. Watching others accomplish their goals is the best!
What’s your favorite race?
- I ran Rock and Roll Denver 5k with my son’s in October. It was our first race together and it meant more to me than earning any medal or buckle ever could. That was the day I stopped counting how many races I have done and when I began to rediscover the reason I run.
- I’m headed back to Leadville 100 this year. There is something special about the town, the race, the atmosphere. Hope Pass has beaten me up and taught me more about life than I’ll ever be able to explain.
What was the hardest race you’ve done?
- Leadville is my only DNF… She taught me a lot last year.
Favorite Altra shoe?
- Lone Peaks for the trails, Paradigms for the roads and I wear the Everyday’s and the One’s as my causal and work wear.
Favorite pre-race meal or just favorite food in general?
- My favorite pre-race meal is Chicken Caesar Salad the night before. Banana, Peanut Butter and Cinnimaon Rolls for the morning of a race. Oh!! And coffee, lots of coffee.
Biggest guilty pleasure?
- Great question… I’ll leave this one to the imagination 😉
What is running to you in three words?
- Life, Energy, Fun
Fun fact about yourself?
- 5 years ago this month, I stepped on the scale at 400 pounds. Last March, I finished my 1st 100 mile race. Running has given me a life I never dreamed was possible. It’s given me friends and family I never would have met. I’m thankful everyday for all my adversities because without them, I wouldn’t be who I am today.